Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Secret Code We all Use

I am a tightly-coiled
Bundle of amino acids
Making up proteins;
Organelles;
Cells;
Tissues;
Organs.
Somewhere in all of that
Genetic material,
There’s a code that says

“This is a girl,
And she has
Mahogany-brown hair,
Fair skin,
Greenish-bluish-grayish eyes,
Small, thin lips,
And occasional freckles.
She will be
On the upper-end of average
For weight,
And the lower-end of average
For height.

Her bioelectricity
Saves information well,
Even if some data-bridges decay,
And generates new information
On a fairly regular basis,
Even if there are sometimes
Painful aftershocks
From processing so much,
And there’s a glitch in
Her internal support
And auto-evaluation systems.”

This is my 22nd poem for National Poetry Writing Month 2014. I made a glitch poem out of this which I will post next. In the last stanza, I am referencing that I am a creative, that I get migraines, I have scoliosis, and not always a good self-image. (In case that's less obvious.) I'd really love for an English teacher to do an analysis of this poem to see if they notice everything I wrote into this. I made a glitch poem of this poem which can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment