Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sea of Green

We waded through a sea of green,
Broken up by only pale white, painted lines.
We stared up at the cotton clouds,
With our backs in the grass against the ground,
And wished there were stars in the air.
The sun, low in the skies,
Painted us golden-topaz.
And smiles lit up our eyes
As we passed laughter all around.
We watched as the glowing moon woke up,
And the stars traded shifts with the day;
As the lights came on when the darkness fell,
And the beauty of it stole all our words away.

I wrote this WAY back in 2012. When I wrote this poem, I wanted the lines to flow naturally, like speech. This poem is about youthful, carefree friendship. I also have always liked how summery it is.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ha Ha! Very much so. I like it that way. They can keep their blue fields.

      Delete